- Terms will be changed to make them consistent throughout
- Regularly used terms will be more clearly defined
- The rules regulating how to apply for VA disability benefits will be more specific and clear
- The rules regulating how the VA processes claims will also be more specific and clear
- Specifics about how conditions are rated in special circumstances will be more specifically defined
As of November 27, 2013, the Regulation Rewrite Project is on hold until all the changes that are occurring in the VA to take care of the backlog are in place and functioning correctly (See our other articles on these bills: The Veterans Backlog Reduction Act, Proposed Task Force to Study the VA Backlog, and the Claims Processing Improvement Act of 2013).