- The Military Skills Translator. This is an amazing new tool to help veterans translate their military skills into civilian skills so that they can better design their resumes and applications to cater to the needs of civilian employers. It can also help veterans see different civilian job options they are qualified for that they may not have originally considered.
- JP Morgan Chase’s 100,000 Jobs Mission. This is an online database designed to connect businesses dedicated to hiring veterans with veterans seeking employment.
- The Mission Continues. This organization offers well-structured fellowships to veterans at various nonprofit organizations to help them gain new experiences, develop skills, and make important contacts.
- The Department of Labor’s Transition Assistance Program (TAP). This program is a fantastic resource available to every service member preparing to leave the military and every veteran for the first 6 months after their retirement or separation. It is also available to military spouses. It provides workshops, employment counseling and advice, job opportunities, and much more.
- Hiring Our Heroes. This website connects veterans and their spouses with employers, job fairs, networking events, and much more.
- American Corporate Partners. This organization offers one-year mentorships from numerous employers for veterans to help launch them into a civilian career.
- The Gold Card Initiative. This program was founded by the Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration and the Veteran’s Employment Training Service. It provides intensive one-on-one training and guidance.
Welcome to our Big News section for all the latest news concerning Military Disability.
We'll do our best to keep you up to date on everything that could affect your disability. Since the majority of our news will cover legal issues that can be dragged out for a long time, if you'd like an update on an issue, let us know, and we'll do what we can.
Please feel free to comment and submit questions. We want to give you the information you need, so help us by letting us know what you want to know.
This page is strictly for the latest and upcoming news. If you are looking for specific information about the disability system or your disability, see our Military Disability Blog: Advice From the Big Guy or our website, www.MilitaryDisabilityMadeEasy.com, for all the answers you'll need.