- Access to the best orthotic and prosthetic care available to meet your specific needs. This means the most appropriate technology and/or best-qualified providers.
- The right to have your health care seamlessly transitioned from the DoD to the VA when leaving the military.
- The ability to choose your orthotic or prosthetic care provider, whether at a VA or private facility.
- The option to receive “consistent and portable” care at any VA facility across the country.
- Access to timely orthotic and prosthetic care, including fast authorizations.
- The right to a second opinion about your treatment.
- The right to have a spare orthotic or prosthetic device.
- The right “to be treated with respect and dignity and have an optimal quality of life.”
- The right to receive help with an honorable transition to civilian life. This means access to housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, and jobs programs.
Welcome to our Big News section for all the latest news concerning Military Disability.
We'll do our best to keep you up to date on everything that could affect your disability. Since the majority of our news will cover legal issues that can be dragged out for a long time, if you'd like an update on an issue, let us know, and we'll do what we can.
Please feel free to comment and submit questions. We want to give you the information you need, so help us by letting us know what you want to know.
This page is strictly for the latest and upcoming news. If you are looking for specific information about the disability system or your disability, see our Military Disability Blog: Advice From the Big Guy or our website, www.MilitaryDisabilityMadeEasy.com, for all the answers you'll need.